Are you interested in living and working in a sustainable environment while contributing to the fight against climate change? The UAE has just announced the introduction of a new visa program that allows individuals to do just that.
As the world becomes more conscious of the impact of climate change, many countries are taking steps to become more environmentally friendly. The UAE is one of those countries, and it has recently launched a new visa program aimed at attracting individuals who are passionate about sustainability.
The 2023 UAE Green Visa is a unique opportunity for individuals who want to live and work in a sustainable environment. This visa offers numerous benefits and is open to individuals who meet certain requirements. In this article, we will explore the benefits, requirements, and process of obtaining a UAE Green Visa.
What is the UAE Green Visa 2023?
The UAE Green Visa 2023 is a revolutionary new visa program that was introduced to meet the growing economic and social needs of the country. It provides a distinct way for highly skilled professionals, investors, entrepreneurs, top students, and graduates to enter and reside in the UAE for up to five years without having to go through a company hospice process. The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in Dubai even offers eligible individuals a 60-day entry permit.
With the Green Visa program, investors are allowed special privileges such as an easier process of establishing business operations in the UAE. This applies especially to those interested in digital technology or green economy investments who can now benefit from discounted start-up fees and may even be eligible for other incentives such as visa fee waivers on their resident permits. Furthermore, students are also eligible for 6 months internships while pursuing their studies inside or outside the country or freelancers will be able to showcase their talents without the need of an official job offer. Overall this creates much broader opportunities for internationals looking to take advantage of what Dubai’s vibrant economy has to offer.
Eligibility for the Green Visa in UAE?
Anyone who wants to apply for a green visa in the UAE must fulfill the following requirements.
The following requirements must be met in order to apply for a 5-year Dubai Green Visa for skilled workers.
To qualify, applicants must have a
1. Valid employment contract, be classified in any of the three occupational levels – first, second, and third.
2. At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational qualification.
3. The minimum salary stipulation is AED 15,000 (USD 4,083.74).
The aim of this scheme is to attract and retain world-class talent from various countries for the benefit of both employers as well as ex-pats living in UAE who can enjoy longer job stability as compared to previous years.
Moreover, through this Green residence program, employers will benefit from increased productivity as fewer employees move on due to visa restrictions; employees are likely to stay longer which could lead to greater growth within their profession.
Self-employed people and freelancers can apply for a 5-year Dubai Green Visa:
The Green Residence for freelancing and self-employment is a great opportunity, without needing to have a sponsor or employer. This five-year-long residency comes with a few requirements including
1. Ensuring that the candidate obtains a permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
2. Minimum educational qualifications (bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma) and proof of their financial solvency throughout their stay in the country.
3. The other major requirement when being considered for this permit is an annual income from self-employment over the last two years amounting to AED 360,000 (USD 98,009.86).
This initiative is geared towards international freelancers who wish to set up their businesses in one of the most economically developed countries. With more entrepreneurs choosing flexible working models, these quota-based 5-year residence permits assist startups and business owners from around the world who have chosen the UAE as their preferred destination for work.
Applicants for a Dubai Green residency with a 5-year term may be investors or business partners in the UAE:
The Green Residence for Investors or Partners is an initiative created to bolster investment opportunities in the United Arab Emirates. It offers residency for a maximum of five years for qualified individuals entering into commercial activities within the UAE. This is an effective measure to extend diplomatic courtesy while also expanding economic activity and growth, as new businesses create jobs and other economic activity.
The requirements to fulfill this residency include
1. The investor or partner receiving approval on their investment proposal along with verifiable proof of capital in excess of 1 million AED.
2. Additionally, if the applicant has multiple licenses the total investment capital will be taken into consideration when evaluating eligibility for this category of residence permit.
3. The consent of the pertinent local authorities is required.
Benefits Of UAE Green Visa
The UAE Green Visa has a number of benefits for those looking to settle in the UAE for up to five years. These include:
• Longer job stability – Those on the 5-year visa will have greater job security than those with shorter-term visas, as employers are more likely to retain employees who can stay for longer periods.
• Increased productivity – With employees staying in their positions for longer periods, employers will benefit from increased efficiency and productivity.
• Greater economic activity – With more entrepreneurs choosing to settle in the UAE, this will lead to greater economic activity in the country, creating jobs and other economic benefits.
• Easier access to other countries – The UAE Green Visa is also a good way for those on the visa to gain access to other countries in the Middle East, as well as Western Europe, through the UAE’s visa-free travel.
Required Documents for a UAE Green Residence Visa
To apply for a Dubai Green residency with a 5-year term, applicants must provide the following documents:
• A valid passport and proof of address
• Valid educational qualifications (bachelor
• Proof of their ability to pay their bills throughout their stay in the country
• A medical certificate
• Proof of work or a permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation for freelancing or self-employment
Steps To Apply For UAE Green Visa 2023
Steps To Apply For UAE Green Visa 2023
THE FIRST STEP
Visit GDRAFD SeIssuing Residency Visa – Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security (icp.gov.ae)
search entry permit Finally, choose the ‘New Entry Permit for Green Residence’ option after clicking on ‘Entry Permit Services’.
THE SECOND STEP
Here you will choose the relevant green visa type
Green residence visa for a partner
Green residence visa for investor
Green residence visa for self-employed
Green residence visa for skilled worker
THE THIRD STEP
Provide all information asked for like name, passport details, visa type and validity, contact details, etc. After this, you will have to upload the required documents such as a passport copy and proof of financial solvency.
THE FOURTH STEP
Once you have provided all details and uploaded the required documents, pay the processing fees and submit your application.